Skip to content

  • Business & Finance
  • Education & Learning
  • Entertainment & Media
  • Lifestyle
  • Technology
  • Travel & Culture

Jared Leto Reportedly Loses Major Movie Role as Misconduct Allegations Draw Renewed Scrutiny

Michael Michael, August 18, 2026

Jared Leto has reportedly lost the opportunity to appear in a major upcoming movie as allegations of sexual misconduct against the Oscar-winning actor and Thirty Seconds to Mars frontman receive renewed attention.

Leto had been in discussions to appear in director Barry Levinson’s political thriller Assassination, according to Page Six. Sources cited by the outlet claim those discussions ultimately ended amid concerns surrounding mounting allegations against the actor. Leto has denied the misconduct allegations against him, describing claims that he sexually assaulted anyone as false.

Jared Leto Was Reportedly in Talks for Assassination

instagram.com/jaredleto

Leto’s possible involvement with Assassination was not a completely new development.

Reports dating back to 2024 connected him to the project, although his participation was never formally announced as a completed deal. More recently, Page Six reported that Leto was seriously interested in joining the film and had been engaged in discussions with director Barry Levinson.

Sources told the outlet that negotiations had advanced considerably before ultimately falling apart.

According to Page Six, people associated with the production were initially aware of allegations involving Leto while discussions continued. The outlet reported that growing scrutiny surrounding the actor later became a concern and contributed to the decision not to move forward with him.

Assassination Has an Impressive Cast

instagram.com/jaredleto

Losing the potential role could represent a significant missed opportunity for Leto because Assassination has assembled several major Hollywood stars.

Barry Levinson, whose directing credits include Rain Man, Good Morning, Vietnam and Wag the Dog, is directing the political thriller.

Jessica Chastain is attached to portray journalist and newspaper columnist Dorothy Kilgallen, while Al Pacino, Bryan Cranston and Brendan Fraser are also connected to the project.

The movie centers on Kilgallen and her investigation into the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Kilgallen died in 1965 at age 52.

Leto’s precise potential character has not been officially announced, and his involvement should be characterized as negotiations rather than a role he had formally secured.

New BBC Documentary Intensifies Scrutiny

Shutterstock

The report arrives shortly after the release of the BBC documentary Jared Leto: Hollywood’s Dark Secret.

The documentary features allegations from 10 women concerning encounters they say occurred between 2002 and 2016. Nine reportedly spoke publicly about their experiences for the first time.

Four women accused Leto of conduct that they allege occurred when they were teenagers. The allegations described in the documentary include sexual assault, grooming and other inappropriate sexual behavior.

CBS News reported that it had not independently corroborated the accusations. Leto has strongly denied wrongdoing.

Leto Categorically Denies the Allegations

instagram.com/jaredleto

Leto has rejected the accusations against him.

In a statement reported by CBS News and other outlets following the BBC documentary, the actor said he had never sexually assaulted anyone and described the claims as categorically false.

No criminal charges have been filed against Leto in connection with the allegations discussed in the documentary, CBS News reported.

The BBC said it had taken steps to corroborate elements of accounts presented by contributors, including reviewing material such as messages and photographs. However, allegations remain allegations unless established through appropriate legal proceedings.

Allegations Had Previously Surfaced in 2025

instagram.com/jaredleto

The BBC documentary isn’t the first recent investigation into allegations involving Leto.

In June 2025, Air Mail published an investigation in which nine women accused Leto of inappropriate behavior. Representatives for the actor disputed those allegations at the time.

The new documentary has significantly expanded public attention surrounding the controversy by featuring additional testimony and examining allegations spanning more than a decade.

Did Tron Ares Also Affect the Casting Decision?

instagram.com/jaredleto

Some reports have suggested that another factor may have complicated Leto’s position in Hollywood: the commercial performance of Tron: Ares.

Released in 2025 with Leto in the starring role, the Disney science-fiction sequel failed to become the kind of major theatrical success its substantial production budget might have demanded.

Page Six reported that sources believed the movie’s performance could have played a role in concerns surrounding Leto’s potential involvement in Assassination, alongside the much more serious controversy generated by the misconduct allegations.

There has been no official announcement from the filmmakers establishing precisely why negotiations with Leto ended.

What Comes Next for Jared Leto?

instagram.com/jaredleto

It remains too early to determine what long-term effect the allegations will have on Leto’s acting and music careers.

The actor has continued working despite years of rumors and allegations surrounding his personal conduct. However, the BBC investigation has brought significantly greater attention to claims made by multiple women.

Reports that he was dropped from consideration for Assassination could represent one of the clearest indications yet that the controversy is beginning to affect potential Hollywood opportunities.

Still, an important distinction remains: Leto was reportedly negotiating for the movie rather than officially announced as part of its cast, and the claim that the allegations caused those discussions to collapse comes from sources speaking to Page Six rather than an official statement from Levinson or the film’s producers.

For now, Leto continues to deny the allegations against him while the entertainment industry watches closely to see whether the controversy affects his future projects.

Featured Image: instagram.com/jaredleto

Entertainment & Media

Post navigation

Previous post
Next post

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Anne Hathaway Has the Perfect Response After Fans Question Her Baby Bump
  • Roseanne Star Michael Fishman Breaks Silence on Show’s Cancellation and Defends ABC’s Decision
  • Usher Responds to Bizarre Clone Theory After Fans Question Viral Concert Footage
  • Jared Leto Reportedly Loses Major Movie Role as Misconduct Allegations Draw Renewed Scrutiny
  • Martha Stewart Celebrates 85 With Striking Swimsuit Photo and Reveals Her Approach to Aging

Pages

  • ABOUT US
  • DISCLAIMER
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • TERMS AND CONDITIONS
©2026 | WordPress Theme by SuperbThemes